GRO Fieldwork is a market research company that works for different companies or organisations to seek a variety of people’s opinions on lots of different matters.
The way the process works is that a company that wish to carry out research about their product contact us and we use recruiters on a nationwide basis to find you.
HOW MARKET RESEARCH WORKS?
In order to participate in the research, we need to collect some personal data from you. GRO Fieldwork take responsibility for ensuring the data that we collect about you is kept private and secure.
This policy outlines GRO Fieldworks policy on maintaining privacy and will detail the following;
- What Information we collect
- What we will use the information for
- How secure is your information?
- Your rights regarding your data?
- When and how will it be deleted
- What access you have to your data
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL / SENSITIVE INFORMATION
The general definition of “personal information” includes names, email addresses, street addresses, telephone numbers, and any other data that can be used to identify or contact a user.
Sensitive data includes data of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation and requires explicit consent.
We only collect the minimum amount of information that is required for the market research and that will depend on the type of research being carried out.
Minimum Information : Name and Contact Phone number
Additional : Email address, Age, Home Address, Occupation.
Research Dependent Examples may include, where you shop, go to cinema, favourite brands etc.
WHAT WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR?
Initially, to be able to arrange the research, GRO Field work will require your name and contact details. We may contact you using telephone, email, SMS, post depending on the type of research that is being carried. If there is method by which you do not want us to contact you please let us know.
These will be stored on an internal database which is password protected with restricted access for a maximum of 2 years. The only reason that this information is held, is for quality control purposes. It will not be used by Grofieldwork nor given to any third party for direct marketing or any other purpose without your documented consent.
Market research can be carried in a variety of ways and each method and type of research may require different types of information.
- We will seek your consent depending on the type of research and data that we need to collect and store prior to participating in the research.
- If you are a child or a vulnerable adult then we will seek the consent of your parent or guardian and will aim to ensure that the nature and purpose of the research is explained to you in as simple terms as possible
- This information will be shared with the client or company who has requested the research and GRO fieldwork will only exchange this information with clients who have signed an agreement to say they are also GDPR compliant.
- The end client may well share this information but only within their own organisation to record the information that you have provided in relation to the research to develop their products. Grofieldwork will have an agreement in place which require them to be compliant with the data legislation. However, if there is a data breach after the information has passed from GRO Fieldwork to the end client, then the breach will be reported directly by them to the Data Commissioner and GRO fieldwork will provide you with contact details so as you may forward any complaints that you have to them directly.
- In many cases, we will not be able to disclose who the end client is to you in advance as this might bias the research but if you wish to request this information once the research is complete, then we will happily inform you.
- The information will not be shared, sold, rented or traded with any third parties for promotional purposes.
- We reserve the right to disclose any information that is gathered when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served as a result of the data collection.
- We will explain for each research project that is undertaken if the replies to questions are mandatory or voluntary;
- We will explain for each research project that is undertaken if the information is to be anonymised and how
- We will explain for each research project explain if the information will be transferred overseas and will ensure via a consent process that you are aware of this.
HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION?
GRO Fieldwork will only retain the minimum amount of information necessary to carry out the research. The information will be kept on a server which has restricted access in files which are encrypted to the 256 bit whole encryption standard as recommended. The server is backed up on a daily basis and is safeguarded with a firewall and up to date malware and antivirus software. The building and offices are kept locked and require security codes to access.
In some cases, as part of the research, it will be necessary to transfer files to the end clients of voice and/or visual recordings and personal details. GRO Fieldwork will endeavour to keep the amount of information to be transferred to a minimum and these files will be encrypted using 256-bit encryption with a password being sent via a secondary source.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA?
The General Data Protection Regulation which is supported by GRO Fieldwork ensures that you have rights regarding your data:
- To prevent automated decision-making and profiling
- To prevent direct marketing
- To have their personal data erased – the right to be forgotten
- To ensure inaccuracies in their personal data are corrected
- To access their processed personal data
- Data portability
WHEN AND HOW WILL YOU DATA BE DELETED?
GRO FILEDWORK abides by the Market Research Society Code of Conduct and ISO 20252-2012 Market Research standard which requires details regarding projects to be maintained for a period of 2 years for quality purposes.
Your data will be deleted using software that will permanently overwrite the contents so as they are not recoverable.
WHAT ACCESS DO YOU HAVE TO YOUR DATA ?
You are entitled to know what information GRO Fieldwork is holding. You may contact email@example.com at any time and this will be provided within 1 month free of charge.
You can also contact the above address if you wish to opt-out of being contacted by GRO Fieldwork again or if you wish to complain.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Commissioner’s Office if you are not happy with how GRO have handled your data.
TO SUMMARISE – GRO FIELDWORK WILL AIM TO ENSURE:
- that all personal data is collected with customers’ consent.
- We will not use personal data for any purpose other than that for which consent was given, respecting customers’ wishes about the use of their data.
- We will make sure that customers have access to their personal data that we hold, and that we tell them how we use it.
- We will protect personal data and keep it secure and confidential.
- We will ensure staff understand that personal data is just that – personal – and ensure that it is treated with respect.
- We will ensure that the vulnerable and under-age are properly protected by the processes we use for data collection.
- We will manage our data supply chain to the same ethical standards we expect from our partners and clients and any suppliers that we engage.
- We will ensure that all staff who have access to personal data are properly trained in its use.
- We will not use personal data if there is uncertainty as to whether the Fair Data Principles have been applied